Friends of Barshaw Park may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was updated 30th July 2019.
Who we are
We are a group of volunteers that look after Barshaw Park. We are a charity registered in Scotland (no. SC045147). Our registered address is 26/3, Riccartsbar Avenue, Paisley, Paisley, RENFREWSHIRE, PA2 6BG. Please direct any written correspondence for the attention of Mrs I McDonald.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address, home address and telephone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to surveys which are optional to complete
- analytics data relating to your use of our web site
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To process membership applications if you wish to join our organisation.
- We may use the information to improve our website.
- We may wish to use the information to organise or tailor events to better suit our audience.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new events and causes or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect online.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
Web site analytics
We collect information relating to your use of our web site, the content you view and how you were referred to our web site. This information helps us to improve our web site content and measure how effective our marketing is. You can choose to opt-out of web site analytics and no data will be tracked. By opting-out, a cookie will be placed on your computer to remember your preference for this web site.
Links to other websites
Our web site may contain links to other web sites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other web site. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the web site in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the web site, look for the opt-in box to consent to us contacting you with promotional material or updates.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by e-mailing us.
- by contacting us directly by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. You also have the right to request us to erase all information stored about you. A small fee will be charged. Please contact us by e-mailing email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You can contact us by e-mailing email@example.com.